Helensburgh Cemetery is in the northern-most part of the Wollongong area, just south of Sydney. It is located in a rustic setting, surrounded by bushland.
The cemetery offers a fascinating glimpse into our region's colourful history, with headstones dating back to the early 1890s.
On-street parking is available on Cemetery Road.
Helensburgh Station is approximately 3.9km, or a 46 minute walk, away.
Moving through the site
- There is access to most parts of this cemetery via grass or gravel pathways
- Some sections of pathway are uneven and may be difficult for people using wheelchairs or mobility aids.
- One portaloo toilet is available at this cemetery
- There is no accessible toilet at this site.
Helensburgh Cemetery is open:
- 6am to 5.30pm during standard time
- 6am to 7pm during daylight savings time.
Pedestrian access is available during daylight hours.
Please see the Our Site Rules page for conditions that apply to people visiting or maintaining our cemeteries and gardens.